Written by Neo Moving on Jun 30, 2022
Cleaning a house is no easy feat – it requires time, effort and a lot of elbow grease. But when it comes to moving into a new home, giving it a good clean is essential. Not only will it make your new place feel more like home, but it will also help you get rid of any dirt, dust or grime that may have been left behind by the previous occupants.
So, how do you go about cleaning a house before moving in? Here are a few tips to get you started:
1. Start with the basics – give all the surfaces a good wipe down, including the floors, walls, windows and doors. If there are any marks or stains, you may need to give them a more thorough clean.
2. Don’t forget the kitchen – give the oven, fridge, freezer and cupboards a good clean. If you’re moving into a rented property, it’s worth asking the landlord or letting agent if they can provide you with a professional cleaning service.3. Get rid of any unwanted items – if there are any pieces of furniture or belongings that you don’t want, get rid of them before you move in. This will save you time and effort when it comes to unpacking and will make your new home feel less cluttered.
4. Give the bathroom a good scrub – clean the toilet, sink, bathtub, and shower. If there is any mold or mildew, you may need to use a stronger cleaning solution.
5. Finally, don’t forget the outside – give the front door a good clean and sweep the path or driveway. If there is a garden, you may want to tidy it up too.
By following these simple tips, you can give your new home a good clean before you move in, making it feel more like yours from the start.
As you begin packing up your belongings in preparation for a move, it’s important to take the time to clean your current home from top to bottom. Not only will this ensure that you get your security deposit back, but it will also make moving into your new place a breeze. Here are some tips on how to clean a house before moving out:
1. Start with the kitchen. This is usually the dirtiest room in the house, so it’s important to give it a good scrub before you go. Wash all of the dishes, clean the stove and oven, wipe down the countertops and cabinets, and sweep and mop the floor.
2. Move on to the bathroom next. Again, be sure to wash all of the dishes, clean the toilet, shower, and sink, and sweep and mop the floor.
3. The living room and bedrooms can be decluttered and dusted. Be sure to vacuum all of the carpets and rugs, and wash any bedding that you plan on taking with you.
4. Finally, don’t forget about the little things like light fixtures, door knobs, switch plates, and windows. A quick wipe-down with a damp cloth will do the trick.
By taking the time to clean your house before moving out, you’ll make moving into your new place much easier. Plus, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your old home is clean and ready for the next tenants.